Invisalign Dentist in the Heart of Baton Rouge and Mandeville!
How Does Invisalign® Work?
Invisalign® is a custom-made aligner that is interchanged roughly every two weeks for a period of six to eighteen months, or longer depending on the severity of misalignment. Similar to a mouth or dental retainer (which is designed to keep teeth from shifting out of place), an Invisalign® aligner is used for orthodontic treatment as a technique to move and properly align teeth for a beautiful smile. This clear aligner is usually computer-generated from a mold (or impression) of the patient’s teeth — taken by either a dentist or an orthodontist — and the fitting is unique to each patient only.
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to their final position.
- You’ll visit us about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 – 15 months and the average number of aligners during treatment is between 18 – 30, but both will vary from case to case.
How are aligners made? You'd be amazed...
- The aligners are made through a combination of our expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
More to Explore: Related Orthodontic Articles
The orthodontic treatment using clear aligners consists of a series of aligners that you change about every two weeks over a course of treatment lasting six to eighteen months depending on how much movement is needed...Read Article
Teens who regard traditional braces as restrictive, confining, and obstructive to their lifestyles now have another choice for orthodontic treatment: clear aligners. This advanced dental technology, originally geared toward adults, has recently evolved to treat a greater variety of bite problems in younger people. These improved orthodontic appliances can help teens function normally during a difficult phase of life...Read Article
Proper alignment of the teeth is basic to “Smile Design.” Their position dictates how they work together and affects the way you look and smile. Only orthodontic treatment can move teeth into the right position. Simply put, when things look right, they probably are right. Learn the basics of smile analysis and design and whether the magic of orthodontics will work for you...Read Article
Healthy teeth can be moved at any age, so there’s no such thing as “too old” for braces. In fact, nowadays about one out of every five orthodontic patients is an adult. Yet this figure represents only a small portion of adults who could actually benefit from orthodontic treatment...Read Article