It's a new day for career opportunities at Grand Family Dentistry, so come join us!
Are you a motivated self-starter looking for professional and personal fulfillment in your dental career? Do you want to be part of an organization that is interested in your professional growth? Then come join our awesome team! Grand Family Dentistry is on the look out for bright, motivated Dental Hygienists to help build our Hygiene program and create patients for life. Our goal is to become a leading periodontal health-focused practice in the area and we need your help to do it! The perfect Dental Hygienist for this position will play a critical role in educating patients about appropriate oral hygiene techniques and offer counseling around how good nutrition impacts one’s overall oral health.
If you are bright, dedicated and driven to succeed, we want to talk to you. We are looking for professionals to help us create beautiful, healthy smiles – one patient at a time. A rewarding career with us includes a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as bragging rights of working with one of the most Google reviewed and the highest rated dental practice on Google reviews in the state of Louisiana. A career with Grand Family Dentistry is rewarding personally, professionally and financially!
- Passionate about providing patient-centered care, and excellent patient service
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player
- Comfortable scheduling patients’ dental hygiene appointments
Duties & Responsibilities:
Registered Dental Hygienists are assigned duties and responsibilities which involve licensed professional work in providing dental hygiene services. A registered dental hygienist implements appropriate standard of care therapy, assists a dentist in providing hygiene, periodontal or dental care and treatment, provides dental hygiene assessments, creates treatment plans based on dentist’s diagnosis, and conducts oral and overall health care education and instruction to patients.
- Assess patients’ teeth, bone, and periodontal tissues indicating the presence of any abnormalities or suspected diseases or conditions.
- Creates periodontal treatment plans based on dentist’s diagnosis.
- Bring to the immediate attention of the dentist any suspected lesion in the mouth or on the teeth.
- Thoroughly remove soft and hard deposits and extrinsic stain from teeth, using hand instruments, ultrasonic cavitron inserts and prophy handpieces.
- Instruct patients how to practice good oral hygiene; make recommendations as to appropriate products or devices for patients’ home care; and provide other health care education, as necessary.
- Perform prophylaxis in the absence of periodontal disease or gingivitis.
- Perform full mouth debridement, either as a first stage gingivitis therapy or to remove interfering calculus to further enable a more accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Perform root planning as a periodontal therapy.
- Place locally-administered antibiotics as supportive periodontal therapy.
- Implement irrigation and desensitizing procedures or products as adjunctive to periodontal therapy.
- Expose, develop and mount dental x-rays (intraoral and extraoral).
- Perform In-Office Whitening procedures, including applying gingival isolation, initial and subsequent bleaching gel, and curing gel.
- Apply cavity-preventive agents, such as fluorides and pit and fissure sealants.
- Make recommendations as to patients’ recare interval and follow-up needs.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned and allowed under applicable state laws and regulations.
- Dental hygienists must be licensed and in good standing with the State of Louisiana.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in dental hygiene.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
- Dental hygienists must be willing to partner with the dentist, work well as part of the total dental team and should have good eye sight and manual dexterity, because they use dental instruments within a patient’s mouth, with little room for error.
- Enjoy working in a fun, fast paced, brand new state of the art environment!
So….do you have what it takes? If so, we want to hear from you and discuss your future career at Grand Family Dentistry.
We appreciate various talents and backgrounds and look forward to hearing from you! Together, we can achieve much!
Please feel free to drop off a resume with the front desk staff of Grand Family Dentistry at one of our three locations:
- 2083 Third Street, Mandeville, LA 70471
- 535 N. Causeway, Mandeville, LA 70448
- 5422 Jones Creek, Baton Rouge, LA 70817