Want to be on the leading edge of quality dentistry working in a state-of-the-art environment? Our Dental Assistants are recognized as some of the finest in the industry.
Here at Grand Family Dentistry, our teams don’t just shape smiles – they shape the lives of families every single day. Working as a dental assistant at Grand Family Dentistry means being challenged, having fun, and being proud of what you do. It means being a mentor, being a friend, and being part of a change that starts with each patient. We are a leader in general dental care to adults and children. Our compassion and drive make us the best at what we do every day. Currently, Grand Family Dentistry is operating in three locations, with two in Mandeville and one in Baton Rouge. This is the time to join not just an amazing company, but a place where you will be a part of making smiles happen every day.
Grand Family Dentistry is looking for a Dental Assistant ready to make a difference in the lives of families. Although below is a description of what your job would entail, we want to emphasize that working at Grand Family Dentistry is more than just a job. Grand Family Dentistry is not your typical dental office and working here is not your typical experience. You will thrive here if you are someone who wants to grow professionally while serving your community at the same time.
Essential Job Functions
The Dental Assistant provides support to the office and is responsible for assisting the professional dental staff with treatment.
- Deliver quality and compassionate care to every patient
- Guide patients through process before treatment
- Educate patients in oral hygiene instruction and provide postoperative instructions
- Prepare patient for examination and treatment
- Take x-rays and save to patient charts
- Responsible for the operational readiness of the hygiene room and operatory rooms
- Prepare tray set-ups for dental procedures
- Mix amalgam, cement, pulp paste and prepare impression materials
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment
- Clean chairs and rooms
- Assist professional dental staff with treatment
- Document patient information, treatment plans, and procedures in patient chart
- Assist with suctioning, holding retractors and suture cutting during surgical procedures
- Pour, trim and polish impression casts
- Fabricate custom temporary crowns and impression trays
- Responsible for adhering to all government regulations and company standards
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in local community affairs and events to include presentations, events, and any opportunity to promote a positive image of Grand Family Dentistry
- Assist with monthly inventory counts
- Assist with other office duties as needed]
Required Qualifications -
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from a senior high school or GED equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- High focus on customer service and satisfaction
- Must love working with children
- Compassion and high level of service for our patients, parents and staff
- Integrity, always doing the right thing
- Dependable, reliable to be at work when scheduled
- Attention to detail
- Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
- Professional manner and appearance at all times
- Computer skills: Computer literate
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- X-ray certification, certified dental assistant credentials may be required for specific positions.
- One year office experience in a dentist’s or physician’s office
- Experience with general dentistry
Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with patients, their parents, and staff. Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds and be able to twist, turn, bend and stoop.
QUALITIES OF OUR BEST DENTAL ASSISTANTS:
- Always optimistic, positive attitude
- Ability to show up on time every time, dressed appropriately, ready to pitch in and do your part to take care of our valued patients
- Compassionate and empathetic
- Anticipates our patients' needs
- Belief that helping change someone's smile is helping change someone's life.
If you believe you have what it takes to succeed as one of the best Dental Assistants around, we want to hear from you and discuss how a career at Grand Family Dentistry can be your career.
We appreciate various talents and backgrounds and look forward to hearing from you! Together, we can achieve much!
Please feel free to drop off a resume with the front desk staff of Grand Family Dentistry at one of our three locations:
- 2083 Third Street, Mandeville, LA 70471
- 535 N. Causeway, Mandeville, LA 70448
- 5422 Jones Creek, Baton Rouge, LA 70817